AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching AM_layer boundary

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Stefanmaki
1481 Views, 2 Replies

Hatching AM_layer boundary

Hi,

Is there a reason why I can´t seem to hatch a boundary that is on a AM_4 layer or any AM layer for that matter.

When I pick a point inside a boundary  even if it is drawn as a rectangle autocad mechanical just prompts "Valid boundary not found". When I change the layer to non AM_layer the command works fine...

Anyone?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: Stefanmaki

Hi,

Valid boundaries are contours and islands on contour layers. By default, the contour layers are AM_0, AM_1 and AM_2. You can define up to four contour layers in the Object Property Settings dialog (Options dialog ->AM: Standards tab ->Double click standard node->Settings button) 

In Object Property Settings dialog, please select Drafting in Category list, then customize the contours layers.

Thanks.
Michael
SQA Engineer
Autodesk

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
ukrainian
in reply to: michaelsu

When I try to hatch boundary created with _spline even on AM_0 layer I get message in command line: Contour does not enclose selected point. Is it possible to hatch it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost