Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanging up on start "Loading plug-ins... AcConnectWebServices.arx" (2013)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nstalker
6047 Views, 8 Replies

Hanging up on start "Loading plug-ins... AcConnectWebServices.arx" (2013)

It seems like since I downloaded Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2014, AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 has stopped working. It won't start up.  It gets hung up on the splash screen every time.  It gets to  "Loading plug-ins... AcConnectWebServices.arx" and gets stuck.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
eljoseppo
in reply to: nstalker

I have a similar problem. Factory Design Suite 2013. AutoCAD Architecture in showing this message. AutoCAD is working normally. After reboot everything is ok for few hours. Something is blocking ACAD Arch, what can it be? Opened Inventor?

Message 3 of 9
dbrizio
in reply to: eljoseppo

The problem is that you cannot disable A360 and its services inside Autocad options.If you have a computer with strong internet security (or without internet at all), the loading of the plugin takes a long time.

I found this solution: I tried it on Mechanical 2017, and while not fancy, it works.

- Go into c:\program files\Autocad 2017\ directory

- Look for AcConnectWebservices.arx  file

- Rename it (ie AcConnectWebservices.arx$$$ )

- Lauch Autocad again: it will not find the file, so it will skip its loading, and increase the speed of the whole Autocad launching process

Of course you won't have any A360 related services, but if you don't use them, it's a nice solution to avoid the annoying hang at the startup.

Davide

PS: if you experience any problems deriving from this hack, of course you just have to rename the file with its original name

Message 4 of 9
ackdesign

I just started having the same problem when I tried to log on today. 

Message 5 of 9
ackdesign

I just started having the same problem when I tried to log on today. 

Message 6 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ackdesign

@ackdesign

Was this working properly up to this point?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 9
ackdesign
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes it was. I just tried to rename the file as suggested by another user, but that didn’t work either.
Message 8 of 9
ackdesign
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes it was.  I just tried to rename the file as suggested by another user, but that didn’t work either.

Message 9 of 9
ackdesign
in reply to: ackdesign

It also may be that I am using the term "hang-up" incorrectly.  AutoCAD doesn't really "hang-up" ... it just quits loading.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report