AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Options Mechanical 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
richard.wilson
253 Views, 6 Replies

File Options Mechanical 2012

I have recently upgraded to Mechanical 2012 and have got two problems. 1. Any changes I make under Options-File are not saved and second I seem to be missing a number of toolbar icons. Any suggestions?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
michaelsu
in reply to: richard.wilson

Hi,

1st issue, I am not sure how it happened. Does it happen to only file tab?

2nd issue, maybe it's CUI problem. Icons are missing in your CUI file.

Maybe you can try to Reset settings to default by start menu -> AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 ->Reset settings to default?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
richard.wilson
in reply to: michaelsu

I reset to default and it appears to have resolved the icon problem. Thanks.

The other issue persists, it appears only to be the File options that are affected, other options such as grip size remain atlered.

Regards

Richard

Message 4 of 7
michaelsu

Glad icon issue is gone.

For settings issue, did you click Apply button and then Ok button in those dialogs?

Normally it should save the settings. If you change some things in Options dialog, you can notice Apply button enabled.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
richard.wilson

Yes, I tried that. I even tried to see if the settings where for some reason just saving to the current drawing but naturally this was not the case.

Regards

Richard

Message 6 of 7
michaelsu

Hi Richard,

In Options dialog, normally if you see a setting with drawing icon, it will affect the current drawing. If not, it should affect all drawings in a work session. Those settings are normally saved in the registry under the current profile.Maybe you can try using default profile to see any luck.

If it still happened to every setting in Options dialog, I am afraid you may try to repair or reinstall.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk

Message 7 of 7
richard.wilson

Unfortuneately the same result.

I'll have to go back to our IT department, it seems to be a universal problem in our office and I find it strange no one else has reported this issue (or commented on this post) so it is likely something at our end.

Thanks for your time, if I resolve the issue I'll post it.

Regards

Richard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost