AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Compatibility Between Version Years

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joel.munson
257 Views, 3 Replies

File Compatibility Between Version Years

I work with AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and Mechanical 2004. Sometimes when I'm working in 2012 with a 2004 file, I accidentally save the file as 2012. Then it's incompatible with 2004 unless I resave it as a 2004 file within 2012. Is there a way to make 2012 automatically save files without changing their version year?

Example of what I want it to do:

I have a 2004 file open in 2012, press quick save, then it saves it as a 2004 file (instead of 2012).

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Joel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: joel.munson

Hi Joel,

You can go to Options dialog->Open and Save tab-> Select 2004 version under File Save. Then the file will be saved to the file version you specified during quick save and auto save.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
joel.munson

Thanks Michael,

So there's no way for autoCAD to know what version the file is, and save it in that format accordingly? I'm looking to have ACAD 2012 automatically save files in their respective year.

Joel

Message 4 of 4
michaelsu

Hi Joel,

There is no automatic way to know the file version and save it as that version when you open it in higher version. You need to maually specify which version you want to save in Options dialog.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost