AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading, Exception

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kishan.peiris
1492 Views, 5 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading, Exception

When I'm opening the drawing from Autodesk Mechanical 2014 I'm getting the following message:

3 errors were found in the drawing file during open. Would you like to cancel this open? It is recommended you cancel the open and then run the RECOVER command on the drawing file.

Then I choose to cancel and then I ran the RECOVER command on the drawing file. Then I'm getting the following message:

The drawing file was recovered with one errors fixed. The I saved the drawing file. When opening the newly recoved drawing file, the application pop out the same error message before this action.

However, I refer to the unchanged file and open without canceling the action. Then I get the following error and unexpectedly the application get closed.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x99999998 Exception at 1ebfcec4h

For your information, the same drawing file with no recovering action, I'm able to open it on Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 application.

Awaiting a workaround/solution for this recovering issue which affects and slows production.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can you able to post the drawing to us. Once I have the drawing file, I will take a look and get back to you on the drawing file. Do let me know, if you need a secure upload link.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 6

Hi Vinod,

Those drawings that aren't able to open on Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 are able to open on Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 application. What could have been the problem? Could it be the application itself which doesn't support for some drawings or the drawing itself is incompatible with Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014. Does this trigges any pointers for you?

Message 4 of 6

Hi Kishan,

Any specific reason on why you would like to open an AutoCAD Mechanical drawing in AutoCAD LT. Does it ask you to recover while opening in LT. I would still need the drawing to investigate this issue further.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 6

The only reason was to check whether the drawing is editable/viewable on Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014. Since the drawing is accessed from AutoCAD LT, I'm trying to understand why the same drawing failed to open on AutoCAD Mechanical 2014. Some difference I noticed was that AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 did recommend opening the drawing on RECOVER. Well I continued opening the drawing on RECOVER and it trigged the following message. Since the recovery had made some changes, I saved the drawing on a different filename just for tracking purpose. The end result of RECOVER had no effect, I continue to experience the same set of problems when opening even the recovered drawing on Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.

[cid:image001.png@01CEAFC9.C205F260]

I'm sorry I'm unable to provide you the drawing.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kishan.peiris

Dear Vinod/ Kishan,

I also have the experience as same as explained by Kishan. So herewith attached sample drawing to investigate that error, so  please go through the drawing & send us solution ASAP.

Thanks

Chandana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost