AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Externalizing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
141 Views, 8 Replies

Externalizing

List, I have an assembly, using Mechanical Desktop 2004, whenever I try to externalize a part I get a fatal error, then exits to the desktop. I've also tried wblock and get the same fatal error! Where do I go from here. I'm at a standstill. Running under XP, original release, 'no service packs installed'. MikeF
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you directly send me one of the files that has this problem? -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. wrote in message news:416591f4$1_3@newsprd01... > List, > > I have an assembly, using Mechanical Desktop 2004, whenever I try to > externalize a part I get a fatal error, then exits to the desktop. I've > also tried wblock and get the same fatal error! > > Where do I go from here. I'm at a standstill. > > Running under XP, original release, 'no service packs installed'. > > MikeF
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Mike, If you are running Mechanical Desktop, then your posting in the wrong group. This newsgroup is for AutoCAD Mechanical issues. Please run the AMVER command and let us know what it reports. Thanks -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

On 7-Oct-2004, "Mike Dickason \(Autodesk\)" wrote: > From: "Mike Dickason \(Autodesk\)" > Newsgroups: autodesk.autocadmechanical > > Mike, > > If you are running Mechanical Desktop, then your posting in the wrong > group. > This newsgroup is for AutoCAD Mechanical issues. Please run the AMVER > command and let us know what it reports. > > Thanks > > -- command: amver Mechanical Desktop(R) 2004 What group should I be using? MikeF Command: amver Mechanical Desktop(R) 2004
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

On 7-Oct-2004, mikef@local.com wrote: > Subject: Re: Externalizing > From: mikef@local.com > > Mike, > > > > If you are running Mechanical Desktop, then your posting in the wrong > > group. > > This newsgroup is for AutoCAD Mechanical issues. Please run the AMVER > > command and let us know what it reports. > > > > Thanks > > > > -- > > command: amver > Mechanical Desktop(R) 2004 > > What group should I be using? > > MikeF > I found the correct group.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

You should be using the Mechanical Desktop forum. news:/discussion.autodesk.com//autodesk.mechanicaldesktop http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=89 The AMVER output indicates you don't have any of the service packs or the hotfix installed. You should use the communication center to download and install the patches. Once you have all of the patches installed for MDT 2004 the AMVER command will report "MDT 2004 SP3+" (that's SP3 followed by the plus sign). -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

On 7-Oct-2004, "Mike Dickason \(Autodesk\)" wrote: > The AMVER output indicates you don't have any of the service packs or the > hotfix installed. You should use the communication center to download and > install the patches. Once you have all of the patches installed for MDT > 2004 the AMVER command will report "MDT 2004 SP3+" (that's SP3 followed > by > the plus sign). I updated to SP3, was able to externalize, but recieved a fatal error, when I tried to localize the part I externalized. This was in the same session of MDT. -- Mikef
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Mike, When you get the fatal error, do you get the crash reporting dialog? If so could you make sure to bring up the optional data dialog and enter your contact information along with some text indicating you are sending in the report for me and then submit the crash? Once I get the crash report I can look to see what might be going wrong. -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

On 7-Oct-2004, "Mike Dickason \(Autodesk\)" wrote: > Mike, > > When you get the fatal error, do you get the crash reporting dialog? If > so > could you make sure to bring up the optional data dialog and enter your > contact information along with some text indicating you are sending in the > report for me and then submit the crash? Once I get the crash report I > can > look to see what might be going wrong. > > -- > Mike Dickason > Developer > Manufacturing Solutions Division > Autodesk, Inc. I do get the dialog, I will send on to you! Mikef

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost