AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1606 when installing AutoCAD 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
luke.althaus
1656 Views, 2 Replies

Error 1606 when installing AutoCAD 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack

Hi all, I'm just wondering if any of you may have experienced or seen this before, when installing an Autodesk product. There seems to be some discussion on this error code for other products when uninstalling programs, but that's about it.

The error i got while installing the "AutoCAD 2011 Subscription advantage Pack" is:

"Error 1606. Could not access network location \\svr01\UserRedirects\{User.name}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2011\R18.1\enu\\Support\."

Obviously, the first thing that stands out here is the double-backslash in the "..\enu\\Support\" part of the folder path. Is there any way to fix this? Also, could it be a problem that our system uses User Redirects, rather than Roaming Profiles and therefore the path is a UNC, rather than a local folder path?

I have checked that the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" with the value "AppData" is set to "\\svr01\UserRedirects\{User.name}\AppData\Roaming".

I have also checked that the folder, and all of its parent folders have allowed Full Control to my user account and to the SYSTEM profile. My user account has administrator privileges.

I am running a Windows 7 x64 client on a business domain (with a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller, hence the USerRedirects).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luke.althaus
in reply to: luke.althaus

Also, I forgot to mention that I have installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 Update 1.

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 3

Hallo Luke

hast du das problem mit der inistallation des Advantagepacks in AutoCAD 2011 schon gelöst. Ich habe bei unserer Installation dieselben Probleme. Ebenfalls alle Registry einträge gecheckt. Kein Erfolg. Besten dank für allfällige Tips.

Gruss aus der Schweiz

Bruno

Hello Luke

did you solve the probpem with the advantagePack for AutoCAD 2011? We have the same problem in our new installation scripts. Checking the registry settings did not solve the problem.

Thanks for any hints.

best Regards

Bruno

bruno.meier@ammann-group.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost