AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing an Auger

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
noodle_snacks
2447 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing an Auger

Hey,

How can i use AutoCad or AutoCAD mechanical to draw a large auger? Do i need to use an autoLISP script from somewhere or is there a built in function?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: noodle_snacks

2d or 3d?
Message 3 of 9

I want a 3d model with 2d plans. Normally i wouldn't bother trying to draw screws and threads etc, but it is a key part of the drawing.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

>How can i use AutoCad or AutoCAD mechanical to draw a large auger? Do i need to use an autoLISP script from somewhere or is there a built in function?

You probably need MDT or Inventor. AutoCAD and Mechanical are not really 3D modelers. There are a few 3D "helix" and "spiral" lisp routines for ACAD floating around, but I have not seen particularly good results. Try a search on these terms to find them.

Do you have some specs for your auger?
Message 5 of 9

I don't have the specs for the auger yet but i do have autocad inventor. At a guess it would be about 150mm in diameter and 2000mm high, unsure about actual thread
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

>i do have autocad inventor

The program is Autodesk Inventor not Autocad.
When you are ready to give it a try you might want to post the specs at the Inventor forum:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=78

This isn't exactly what you are doing but is related. Check the Worm.zip
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=401568
Pull down the red End Of Part marker (usually referred to as EOP). Doing a coil is fairy trivial in Inventor.
Message 7 of 9
mooresk257

OK, what about 2d then? In AM 2005? This is a good topic. I have a project coming where I'll need to draw an auger-like object.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

5 minutes work
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

5 minutes 5 seconds work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost