AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vweaver
1893 Views, 3 Replies

Disappearing Text

I have some (single box)tables in my drawings that are referencing measurements on my drawing (Insert field:Object:Measurement). Sometimes I have a formula (ie. =[I]measurement[/I]+.250)

When I initially enter the text/formula, everything works great. When I go to edit (change what dimension I'm referencing, or modify the formula), the text is invisible. I can highlight where the text/formula is, but I can not see what the text says. If I save and reload AutoCAD, the text is there, until I change it, and then again, it disappears if I want to again modify the text.

This is driving me nuts when I need to make multiple edits...ideas?

Using AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 and Windows 7

Screenshot attachment 1 shows what it originally looks like after initial entry

Screenshot attachment 2 shows what I see when I highlight the 'invisible' text in my table after it was edited and re-selected.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Could you able to reproduce this behavior on any new drawing ?

What version of AutoCAD Mechanical are you using ?

Try saving this file to a lower version of AutoCAD Mechanical to see whether you could reproduce the problem.

Please send us the drawing file to investigate further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

• I attempted to re-create the problem with a new drawing from acad.dwt, but was unable to.  All of my drawings start with our own template.
  • Mechanical 2011
  • I still get the same problem saving it as an older version type (tried saving as 2006)
  • I could not re-create the problem with Mechanical 2012 using the same file.  I tried saving it again (using 2012, saving as 2011), but Mechanical 2011 still would have the problem
  • I attached the file named "bug".  On the paper space Tab "SS" There is a box labeled "Partial Slit Size" with the length value 2.813.  This is the length of the line visible in the lower left viewport (layer 20 Paint-Wrap).  If you select the value 2.813, and right click, Edit Field, and select a new objects length (try same viewport, there is another line on the same layer with a length of .688), after selecting the new object, the value will appear in the table.   However, if you go to re-select this value to change the object again, the text will disappear.  The biggest problem with this, is often this table will be more than a value- it will contain a formula, ie.,   [=object length+.250].  When the entire formula is 'invisible'- it makes re-selection of a new object difficult at best.

It appears that it is something to do with a combination of Mechanical 2011, and the way my drawing  is set-up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the drawing. However I couldn't able to reproduce the behavior on my 2011 as well. It seems more of a glitch. Can you confirm whether you have both service packs installed for AutoCAD Mechanical. You can download from the link below,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240898#section3

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost