AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions will not scale in Power Dimension

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2235 Views, 2 Replies

Dimensions will not scale in Power Dimension

When I draft in ACAD Mechanical and choose power dimension (or any of the other dimesions on the drop down on the dimension tool bar) it will not dimension to the DIMSCALE, I have even tried inserting the scale via the DIMSTYLE route. However, when I insert a dimension via commands like DIMLINEAR and DIMANGLE they come in at scale. I do not have this problem with regular Autocad, and i also happens with my symbols (welding, leaders, machining). Any suggestions? Or is the route that you have to take in Mechanical? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Power dimension behave differently from normal AutoCAD dimensions. You can find the following note in the help page below. Hope it helps.

http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesACM/GUID-7B1C5317-E960-49C8-A2F0-D32E...

---------------------------------------------------

AutoCAD Mechanical uses several scaling mechanisms that are not available in AutoCAD. For example, scale areas allow model space to be divided into areas having different scales. Power dimensioning recognizes the different scales and automatically compensates for them (regular AutoCAD dimensions don't recognize scale areas). To preserve this behavior, you must leave scale related settings at their default values. Accordingly, do not to change the DIMLFAC and DIMSCALE system variables - leave them to be controlled by AutoCAD Mechanical.

Instead of using the DIMLFAC system variable, use the Units tab in the Power Dimensioning dialog box or use Scale Areas. Instead of using the DIMSCALE system variable, use the scale settings on the AM:Standards tab of the Options dialog box.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
cmo67
in reply to: michaelsu

using Autocad Mechanical 2014,  Dimensions in paper space do not match the actual dimensions in model space.

DImlinear enters the correct dim in paper space, and power dimension enters the correct dim in model space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost