AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dim Style not staying

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Breeze104
1050 Views, 2 Replies

Dim Style not staying

When I change the dim style it won't hold.  See video

http://screencast.com/t/rh2pFAIjx39

I am using ACADM 2013
(through Inventor PDS 2013)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Dean
in reply to: Breeze104

Your dimension style is set in AMOPTIONS, you set your active standard under the AM Standards tab and also your preferred units. Every time you create a dimension it will use the standard you have set.

Once you have placed a dimension you can change it to another standard but the next dimension you create will be what is set in AMOPTIONS.

If you was working in plain AutoCAD, then it would be different.

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 3
Breeze104
in reply to: Breeze104

Can you explaing to me then how it got changed?  The standards have been set for 7 yrs now and this problem only effects a few drawings, all of which I have been in in the last 1 year and there wasn't a problem then but now after I upgraded to 2013 I am running into this issue.

I am the only drafter/designer here and I didn't change it (thats why I didn't think to look there) and no one has access to my machine to have changed it.  

That worked!! Thanks

Also, is there a way to set ACADM up so that every file I open it changes everything to the correct standards  according to my "Default Template" so that I don't have to redo a bunch of settings or have to go thru page after page of yes/no questions (refering to CAD Standards wizard) everytime I open a file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost