AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG to CGM Converter Plug-In for AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ckingz619
1413 Views, 2 Replies

DWG to CGM Converter Plug-In for AutoCAD

Hi All,

I have some legacy data (2D DWG) that I need to convert to hotspotted CGM's.  Is there a plug-in that piggy backs directly in AutoCAD (i.e. toolbar, etc.) to convert to CGM's?  I know Autodesk is currently working on some CGM producing software, but I have a more immediate need. 

Isodraw has been the only solution I can find, but I'd prefer to be able to keep my users in their native platform (AutoCAD).

Regards,

CK

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Currently we don't have any software that AutoCAD can translate DWG to CGM. When i did a google search, i could see some online tools. However you need to purchase them to use it. I will keep you posted, if i hear anything on this.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3
guildman10
in reply to: ckingz619

Are there any plug-ins for converting dwg to cgm for AutoCAD 2014. I am using IsoDraw now and there are not enough options in the conversion to keep the fonts and lines in proper alignment. There is a lot of cleanup work and resizing back to 11x17 now.  Any help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost