AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying objects

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
2060 Views, 17 Replies

Copying objects

How do I copy multiple objects in Mechanical2011? It used to be I could just select the objects and click on "copy". Now there is no way to draw the window to select multiple objucts. If I draw the window and hit "copy" it just says "select objects" and I cannot select more than one. This is ridiculous. How can Autocad make an easy and frequently used command so complicated. it is bad enough that that many commands now require multiple clicks to perform a task that used to be one click. Very Frustrating!!!!
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
Set system variable value pickfirst =1 and pickadd =2
Let me know if this helps
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous

Where do I go to set system variable value? I looked in "Options" but I didn't find it.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

I tried changing the settings (noun verb) etc in the options, and am able to change things for the "Move" command, but still cannot do the same thing with "Copy"
Message 5 of 18
Sridhar-Autodesk

Use following commands to set the variable value.
Command: pickfirst: 1
Command: pickadd: 2
Thanks,
Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

I tried the "pickfirst" and "pickadd" commands. Nothing changes.

Message 7 of 18
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi

Looks like, you are clicking the copy command on the ribbon? If yes, this option invokes ampowercopy command.  If you would like to have AutoCAD copy command, update the CUI.

Command: CUI>>Ribbon>>Panels>>Follow steps as shown in the attached image.

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

OK Now its working the way I'm used to! Thanks.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks, you made my day.

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

I used your fix thru the CUI with good results also.  Although in older versions you could simply select the items to be copied, right click, and select "copy selection" from the quick menu.

I can not get "copy selection" when I right click anymore!

Is there a fix for this.

V Power

Message 11 of 18
Cadenza

Once again another "improvement" from Autodesk I had to fix 20+ workstations to get all the users back to having a usable copy command. Please Autodesk don't tinker with things that aren't broke, leave functions working the way they were UNLESS you can actually improve the the function with someting that will useful to those who use the system day in day out (we are the customers after all and it used to said the customer is always right)

Message 12 of 18
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Cadenza

Hi Cadenza,

Thank you for your feedback.  This wishlist was already logged and addressed in AutoCAD Mechanical 2012.

Please keep sending your feedbacks and wishlist items.  We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 13 of 18
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

Please try following steps:

Command CUI>>Customize Tab>>on the left hand side, expand "Shortcut Menus">>Expand "Edit Menu">>under "command list" search for "Copy Selection">>Select the button, Drag and Drop into the Edit Menu

Find attached image for more info

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadenza

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

vp

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Perfect answer, illustration was helpful.

Message 16 of 18
Sridhar-Autodesk

Glad to know the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 17 of 18

Is there any reason why this would occasionally change itself back to the older version?  Every couple months I have to find this exact thread to figure out how to fix it, along with other things that seemingly randomly change to a different setting.

Message 18 of 18
jsarah

I cannot copy more than one object at a time in wire frame on Autocad Mechanical

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost