AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert .Sat to Dwg or DXf

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
prasanth14026
20400 Views, 5 Replies

Convert .Sat to Dwg or DXf

Good morning to all,
I'll appriciate if you can solve this problem. I would like to convert 3d(.sat) models to Dwg or Dxf which i have drawn in auto cad 2008. The drawing is with plenty of assemblies, Instead of drawn all in 2d if it's possible to convert it'll save alot of time. this i required to give for manufacturing. one more option is create differnt views in laylot. if i do in layout it'll give as blocks. which it's not look nice to give machinist.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Prasanth,
You can use command : acisin to convert *.SAT files into *.dwg or *.dxf files.
I am afraid, I couldn't understand the second part of the question. Can you explain with few steps or a sample drawing and expected results?
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 6

Inserting an ACIS file in Autocad doesn't always work and gives the error " _acisin Unable to read the ACIS file ". In this case it is worth downloading a demo of ZWcad. Go through the same procedure as you would in AutoCAD, only this time it always works.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks a lot.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks a lot.
Message 6 of 6
eryl
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi is there a better way to convert .dwg to .sat file...

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost