AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commands not loading, GENLADE error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jwroth89
2790 Views, 4 Replies

Commands not loading, GENLADE error

Hello,

I have AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 on my work computer provided by the company.  However, there are several commands I have discovered are not working properly.  Among those commands is hatching, rectangles, centerlines and various others. The error I get is the same everytime.

_amrectang ; error: no function definition: GENLADE

amcentline ; error: no function definition: GENLADE

_amconstlines ; error: no function definition: GENLADE

The only thing that changes is the command that is called in the line.  Does anybody have an idea what the problem is and if this may just be an option that I have not found.  I have the "DemandLoad" set to a value of 3, which I found was a problem on some of the older versions of AutoCAD where the commands were just not loaded into the program at startup.

Thank you for any help provided.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This sounds like the profile is not configured correctly in AutoCAD Mechanical. To see which profiles are loaded, check the list in Options.

1.     Type OPTIONS on the Command Line and press Enter.
2.     Go to the Profiles tab.
3.     You should see something like <<ACADMPP>> and <<VANILLA>> in the available profiles list.
4.     Make sure <<ACADMPP>> is selected, and click “Set Current”.
5.     Click OK to save the settings and close the dialog.
6.     See if your Mechanical specific AM commands work again.

If the problem persists, you can also use the RESET option in profiles tab to reset your profile.

Hope it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 5

Dear Sir,

Even after resetting the profiles, the problem still persist.

regards,

Vinay Patel

Message 4 of 5
martti.halminen
in reply to: vinayhp

One thing to check: have you broken the acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp files?

In Mechanical there are some Autodesk loading commands in those (in addition to acad2010.lsp and acaddoc2010.lsp)

-- 

Message 5 of 5

Heh, Martti here assumes that you have edited/customized the acad....lsp files.

You can then probably see an error that includes something like "bad argument type" or mentions "string" or "variant" upon starting a new drawing. (in the commandline)

If that is true, do try to bring everything back to default/factory settings (if i recall correctly Only from version 2013 onwards do you actually have a button for that) and try again. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost