AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

Active Contributor
DaveyL
Message 1 of 2 (396 Views)

Combine drawings.

396 Views, 1 Replies
04-23-2012 01:53 AM

Hello,

This is my first venture into the autocad mechanical realm as I am mainly based upon Inventor however here goes. I have 4 different views of an engine which I am trying to put into one file (3rd Person view). After playing try a few methods to transfer drawings over (I was surprised copy and paste didn't work) I came across insert.

The first few times I used it the program just froze up so I had to stop the program through task manager. So this morning I tried it again and lo and behold, one of the engine views appeared. Thats all well and good however when I tried to insert the third view the program has crashed again.

I do not believe it is a computer issue as it runs inventor well even with some quarter of a GB assembly files. So any suggestions. The files were origionally a .dxf file however the origional author may not be using an autodesk product, for 3D assemblies they supply us proengineer formats. The files sizes are 250 kB, 2.5 MB, 8 MB & 13MB. I am also using mechanical 2013. Any other information required just ask, it is getting a little annoying as this file really needs to get sent off.

Cheers,

Dave

Active Contributor
DaveyL
Message 2 of 2 (392 Views)

Re: Combine drawings.

04-23-2012 02:19 AM in reply to: DaveyL

'Interesting' update, I have solved the issue however the only way I could do this was to 'save as' each of the views I was going to insert as an AutoCAD 2013 .dwg file and not a AutoCAD Mechanical .dwg file. Does anyone know any resources out there that can explain the .dwg file setup? I use Inventor 2013 .dwg and a collegue uses AutoCAD 2000 and with the Mechanical 2013 .dwg thrown into the mix it seems a little confusing.

Dave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community