AutoCAD Mechanical General

JamesCutler7531
Message 1 of 2 (469 Views)

Cannot install AutoCAD mechanical 2010 on Windows 7 64bit SP1

469 Views, 1 Replies
02-23-2012 04:51 AM

When I try to install the suite I get the error: "the system cannot open the file specified" I cannot recall the file it cant find but I know it is there on the CD. So as a work around I installed each part of the suite individually. Then when I finally got to installing AutoCAD mechanical I get the error:

"the system cannot open the file specified............acad.mst" I hav tried installing off the disc, off the local drive. Same issue occurs. I am logged in as admin, UAC is off. Brand new laptop only a couple of days old. 

It says here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14053691&linkID=9240897 that it should work :smileysad:

Tried re-installing .net framework to see if it was that but to no avail. 

Employee
michaelsu
Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)

Re: Cannot install AutoCAD mechanical 2010 on Windows 7 64bit SP1

04-10-2012 08:55 PM in reply to: JamesCutler7531

Hi,

I am wondering whether the install media is corrupt or not? Maybe you can request a install media and try.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community