AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Beauand
Message 1 of 4 (2,002 Views)

CHANGING DIMENSION COLOR

2002 Views, 3 Replies
07-26-2012 06:16 AM

This may be a really bad question. But I want to change the default color of the dimension text from yellow to any other color. I dont know how to do this. I have when to dimension style and all that and clicked on the text tab and changed the color and the when I click set current it still does not update on the drawing. I was wondering if anybody can offer help.

Employee
michaelsu
Message 2 of 4 (1,989 Views)

Re: CHANGING DIMENSION COLOR

07-26-2012 06:45 PM in reply to: Beauand

Hi,

What dimension style is using for existing dimensions in the drawing? Is it using the current dimension style you set in Dimension Style Manager?

If you want existing dimensions to update the current dimension style, you can use "-DIMSTYLE" and use Apply option and then select the dimensions to update.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

aroberts
Message 3 of 4 (1,850 Views)

04-26-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: Beauand

To change dimension text from yellow (the most horrible selection of a color because you can barely read it when printed), type "DDIM" on your command line.  This will bring up Dimension Style Manager.  Select the "Modify" button, which will bring up an Overide Current Style Dialog box.  Select "Text" tab, from here you can pick whatever colors you want.

Employee
michaelsu
Message 4 of 4 (1,839 Views)

04-29-2013 12:06 AM in reply to: aroberts

Hi,

As for the color in dimension text, have you tried to use LightBackground template, like am_iso_lbg.dwt, acadiso_lbg.dwt? In those templates, the default color of dimension text is 140 so you should be able to see it in layout.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community