AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD/sketchup

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
KristinLindberg
326 Views, 0 Replies

CAD/sketchup

I'm using a proprietary software alongside CAD and Adobe CS6. We've requested the ability to import .dwg/.dxf/.fbx files into the prop. software, but their response was that we will be able to improt sketchup files soon.

Is there a way to export CAD as a sketchup file? (I think it's .skp)

I'm sure I'm reaching far with this one, but who knows. Maybe there's a file extension workaround or something.

Proprietary software has the ability to export as .3ds - helpful for exporting and using 3DSIN with CAD, but not helpful as far as being able to import, as I cannot 3DSOUT with CAD anymore. It does not support .fbx files, nor the import of .3ds (which I *think* is a bug, as it requests me to import a .d3s file instead and won't recognize a .3ds file).

-If I can figure out how to manipulate CAD to create a sketchup file, then I can do precise shapes, etc. Right now I'm limited to rectangles, circles, and triangles in the proprietary software - not very helpful.

-Also, we don't have Sketchup here and corporate took away our ability to download .exe files due to virus problems. So that's why I'm searching for a work-around.

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP2
AutoCAD 2013 SP2
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost