AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks become ghost when saving and reopening DWG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PedroFigueroaJr
368 Views, 4 Replies

Blocks become ghost when saving and reopening DWG

I work with AutoCAD mechanical 2014, and this problem has been happening frequently now. The blocks for handrails, brackets, and bolts are perfectly fine when I PDF the first time but after closing the file and reopening the blocks ghost; appear out of place but indicate that it is in place.

The only way that seems to return the blocks back to normal is to Xplode and move back to the original position it was at. It happens to most of my DWGs and it has become a hassle on bigger drawings and projects. 

I have attached a DWG. If anyone can help to where it stops doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Firstly, the forum says nothing was attached, are these blocks you created or blocks that you've downloaded?

Message 3 of 5

They are blocks we have created and stored in our library. 

Sorry, I attached a swivel bracket DWG showing the problem.

thank you for the reply.

Message 4 of 5

Exploding the bracket and using the Undo command brings the block back together as one. Nothing like the first block when opening the DWG. It's very strange to me and I can't seem to figure out why it is happening.
Message 5 of 5

Alright, I can't exaclty pin point what you did but it looks like when the object went from being a 3D model to a block it was base pointed off of the 0 on the z axis while it's creation point was on the 0 of axis Z. To fix this I used the "write block" command I'll write it in steps below:

Step1: click "write block" command button

the menu will pop up and it will look similar to the create block command prompt

step2: click the "select object" button then select the object (the ghost will come along but will not stay). Then strike the Enter key

Step 3: Now click the "Pick point" button and select the bottom center of either hole in the bracket or whatever "end point" like entity of your choice that is connected to the bottom of the bracket.

Step 4: Save this "write block" over the current block.

then open a new project and insert that block. the ghost should be gone, But on a side note try to edit the block that has a ghost and align its base point with the models base point. The command for this task is in the fold down menu of the "Block Definition" tab.

I hope this helped!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost