AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch plot Autocad and Inventor DWG's to PDF

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
3032 Views, 4 Replies

Batch plot Autocad and Inventor DWG's to PDF

Has anyone determined the best method for batch converting Autocad and Inventor dwgs to black and white PDF's?  I am trying to batch print Autocad Mechanical and Inventor DWG files to PDF format.  One at a time thru native application works fine (they all come out black and white). If I try batch plotting inh Autocad, all Inventor dwg's come out in color.  The .pc3 file for the DWGtoPDF plotter does not allow me to configure the color settings (see attached image).  There is no batch plot/batch convert command in Inventor.  The multi-sheet plot does not have the DWGtoPDF.pc3 plotter listed as an option to convert to pdf.

Quite simply: Is there a way to batch convert Autocad and Inventor dwg's to black and white PDF's?

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bKhalfin
in reply to: Winks87

I use Any DWG to PDF Converter to batch convert DWG to PDF, it is expensive ($83) but it has saved me lots of hours:

http://anydwg.com/dwg2pdf/

Message 3 of 5
barnsey_00

Hi Winks,

Just wondered if you got an answer to this or did you find a work around instead?

Cheers

Tim

Message 4 of 5
Winks87
in reply to: barnsey_00

Our local vendor suggested "Bullzip pdf printer".  This is a free download that emulates a system printer as a pdf converter.  Have not used it alot just yet, but it appears to work.  You can create a page setup in cad to batch plot to pdf's.  Because it mimics a system printer Inventor can use it also.

James Winkler
Message 5 of 5
barnsey_00

Cheers Winks,

I just used the command ExportPDF as there way only 15 or so drawings in this instance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost