AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back and forth with LT

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
456 Views, 2 Replies

Back and forth with LT

So I only have autocad mechanical 2013 but the person I am working for in the company has LT. The problem I have is that when I do drawings for him, which are then for a customer, he maigcally gets these proxy graphics that he can't do anything with. I am not sure what to do here. We can't have any blocks in our drawings when we send to the customer so proxy graphics are a no go. The only spot they seem to show up in are when I do leaders to objects. I tried doing aectoautocad and I don't know if I just did it wrong or what but when he opens it then the whole thing is just gone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Only Mechancal 2013 (2014-2015 if available) users can see and experience your files the way you do. No one else can, not even your customer if the don't also have your variant of AutoCAD. Read that again, it's simple and scary at the same time.

You can:
- turn on PROXYGRAPHICS and PROXYSHOWS variables and turn off PROXYNOTICE, ask all of your recipients (and client) to do the same, then save and share your files. This may or may not work fully, test and experiment with your recipient.
- Use your "save to AutoCAD" option in your MECH variant to explode all MECH custom objects to plain AutoCAD entity types and send this file to your recipients (if you want to type it it's -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command with a dash in the name).
- I don't think there is a MECH object enabler for your LT recipient so that's not an option for them.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

that really stinks. Seems like there should be an option to turn off those kinds of things or to operate under a specific compatability. Thanks for the help though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost