AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mechanical 2013 content manager

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rickstarosto4361
1439 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Mechanical 2013 content manager

we've jumped from Auyocad 2000 to 2013 mechanical and i am in the electrical design dept trying to make mechanical work for me. i want to use content library and i am having trouble. i have created a custom BOM and Parts List with only the fields we need; Item,Qty, PART NUMBER AND DESCRIPTION.  Question is, is there away to embed our company Part Number and Description into new contents so that when i insert them into the drawing that information will be 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I am not sure where your company part number or description store. If they are in the custom content, the following help page may give you a way.

http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2013/ENU/filesACM/GUID-6AA2642D-4A51-4E11-9210-06BEAA55063A.htm

For a existing content, you can try to modify the existing column values in Famlily table. And you must find the correct column that really mappes to BOM properties to modify.

For example, in snapshot, I insert a sample custom content, and then I select it to edit in content editor (AMCONTENTEDIT command). Inside content editor, I need to invoke Famliy table to look at columns and select the column and right mouse click to check its properties. Find the ones that mappes to BOM and then modify it. Save the changes. Then try it again. 

Note that for existing content, if you change information in family table, you need to run AMCONTENTUPDATE to update them in the drawing. 

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost