AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mechanical 2011 problems after installing Update 1

68 REPLIES 68
Message 1 of 69
G.Barozzi
5179 Views, 68 Replies

Autocad Mechanical 2011 problems after installing Update 1

After installing Update 1, few minutes after a drawing has been opened or created from scratch, the following problems arise:

- ESC key does not deselect anymore;

- Object move on other layer or layer group (AMLGMOVE, AMLAYMOVE) does not work anymore: after selecting the objects, pressing Enter terminates the command;

- A text string cannot be anymore edited by double clicking on it.

- AMDIMSTRETCH does not work anymore.

- An attribute can’t anymore be modified by double clicking on it. Now, to modify an attribute: select the attribute, right click|Modify Attribute, click on the attribute again, the dialog finally opens .

- AMNOTE does not work if I select an object. I have to start the arrow somewhere in the empty space and then move it to pick the object which I want to point to.

- AMHATCH with the pre-defined settings does not work anymore (clicking on the screen the command terminates).

- The Intersecting Centerlines command does not work anymore (clicking on the screen the command terminates).

- AMPOWEREDIT does not work.

I can confirm that this behavior depends on the installation of Update 1. Another AM2011 installation on a laptop (same OS, where Update 1 has not yet been installed) does not show these issues.

In addition to the previously mentioned new problems, I see that the following issues have not been fixed by Update 1:

- Continuous drawing regeneration while using a 3DConnexion device;

- Frequent exception errors while opening drawings done in previous releases;

Anyone else noticed this behavior?

Regards

G. Barozzi

Autocad Mechanical 2011 Version 2 (installed with Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011), fresh install on:

Windows 7-64bit

HP Z800 Workstation

24 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX4600 (Driver 259.12)

3DX Space Pilot (Version 3.11.3).

68 REPLIES 68
Message 21 of 69
BSMALL
in reply to: G.Barozzi

I am having the same problem as listed by the Original Poster.  When I looked in my updates section of my "Add/Remove Programs" that under Autocad Mechanical 2011 that there was an Autocad Mechanical Version 2.  Is that the SP that I need to uninstall?

My work station was installed with the Inventor 2011/ACM 2011 disks as well.

Message 22 of 69
BenjP
in reply to: BSMALL

Yes that's one to uninstall.

Message 23 of 69
Eng-Seng

I am sorry to those that have problems with Update 1.

We are still trying hard to investigate and reproduce the issue.

Here are a few questions that will help us in our investigations :

1. What is the windows operating system you are using? lanuage pack? 32bit or 64bit?

2. What other Autodesk products you have installed in the same machine?

3. Have you customized your installation to install in a different directory or drive other than the default Program Files folder?

4. How did you install Update 1? download from Product Support or install from Live Update in Communication Center?

Some of you have reported that the problem is gone after restarting AutoCAD Mechanical, but soon reappears again.

Can anyone remember what commands/features you did before the problem reappears?

Or does the problem reappear even without doing anything?

Does the autosave get activated before the problem reappears?

thank you,

Eng Seng

Autodesk

Eng Seng.Chua
AutoCAD Toolsets
Message 24 of 69
Muijsenberg
in reply to: Eng-Seng

Hi,

In reply to your questions,

1: Windows 7, Language pack Dutch, 64 bit.

2: AM is a part of Inventor suite 2011.

3: The installation is standard.

4: Update 1 is downloaded from product support, saved and installed using the original disk the instalation askes for.

The problem reappears after restarting even without doing anything.

If the autosave gets activated before the problem i do not know.

Frank

Message 25 of 69
jbogaard

Hello,

1. Windows XP 32-bit sp3, english

2. AM part of Inventor Suite 2011

3. Standard install in Program Files dir

4. Download from Product Support and downloaded during installing

- It even appears after doing nothing

- Autosave does not trigger the problem sooner

John

Message 26 of 69
Eng-Seng
in reply to: Muijsenberg

Hi Muijsenberg

Hi SlowCad

Thank you very much for the information.

Do you also have Inventor 2011 Service Pack 1 installed?

If yes, which gets installed first?

AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 Update 1 or Inventor 2011 Service Pack 1?

And do you have older releases of Inventor installed side by side?

thank you,

Eng Seng

Autodesk

Eng Seng.Chua
AutoCAD Toolsets
Message 27 of 69
jbogaard

Hi,

1. Yes, Inventor sp1 installed

2. Inventor sp1 installed first

3. Older versions: on some machines we have, on other machines we haven't.

John

Message 28 of 69
Muijsenberg

Hi Eng Seng,

Yes i have Inventor sp1 installed

Inventor sp1 was first installed

No i do not have an older version installed.

Frank

Message 29 of 69
Eng-Seng
in reply to: jbogaard

Hi Muijsenberg

Hi SlowCad

I would like to get in contact with you to uderstand more on the issue.

can you email me at :

eng-seng.chua@autodesk.com

thanks,

Eng Seng

Eng Seng.Chua
AutoCAD Toolsets
Message 30 of 69
DermottMacP

Hello All,

I, too, have the same issues as the OP with AM 2011 (Version 2 shows up in "About" screen). In my case, AM 2011 was installed from Inventor Suite with SP1.

1. What is the windows operating system you are using? - Windows XP SP3 32bit

2. What other Autodesk products you have installed in the same machine? - Inventor Suite 2009

3. Have you customized your installation to install in a different directory or drive other than the default Program Files folder? -No

4. How did you install Update 1? download from Product Support or install from Live Update in Communication Center?

-Downloaded from Product Support

I did verify that the standard AutoCAD 2011 did not have these problems on my install (e.g ESC deselected everything, double-click text edit worked).

Message 31 of 69
JBOYYY1952
in reply to: DermottMacP

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS. BUT SINCE I DONT HAVE INVENTOR INSTALLED, I DOUBT THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

HAVE ACAD2011MECHANICAL WITH 1ST UPDATE, WINDOWS 7, 32-BIT.

WITH MINE, COULD BE AFTER A SHORT TIME OR SEVERAL HOURS. USUALLY NOTICE LIKE OTHERS WHEN YOU CAN'T DESELECT, OR WHEN SOMETHING IS SELECTED AND PROPERTIES PALLETTE INDICATES NO SELECTION. BUT USUALLY WHEN SIMPLY TRYING TO CHANGE LAYERS.

NOT SURE IF IT IS ANY WAY ASSOCIATED, BUT ACAD FREQUENTLY CRASHES WHEN IN BLOCK EDITOR MODE. THIS IS MORE ANNOYING SINCE YOU HAVE TO RECOVER ALL THE DRAWINGS THAT ARE OPEN WHEN THIS OCCURS.

Message 32 of 69
DermottMacP

ECHO....ECho.....echo....   Any word on this Autodesk?

Mechanical with update 1 is not usable right now for me. I'm not 100% sure if its the way the Update installed or IT installed it but Update 1 does not show up as a seperate program in Windows where I can just un-install the update. I'm looking at a wipe and re-load at this point.....

Message 33 of 69
mconley
in reply to: DermottMacP

You can remove the update without doing a complete reinstall of AutoCAD.

Go to Control Panel, Add or remove programs, click show updates at the top and then you should be able to uninstall the upate.

Message 34 of 69
DermottMacP
in reply to: mconley

Ahhh, much obliged mconley.  Still not the expected solution from Autodesk but at least it will get me going again.

Message 35 of 69
coelrich

1. What is the windows operating system you are using? lanuage pack? 32bit or 64bit?

Windows XP (SP-3) 32-Bit

2. What other Autodesk products you have installed in the same machine?

None other than those installed with 2011 Mechanical

3. Have you customized your installation to install in a different directory or drive other than the default Program Files folder?

No

Downloaded From Subscription Center

Message 36 of 69
Eng-Seng

Hi all,

once again, we are sorry to those of you that face this issue.

We are working hard on our end to find a constantly reproducible case on our machines.

We would like to work more closely with you to find out more information.

Please contact me at eng-seng.chua@autodesk.com

Thank you,

Eng Seng

Autodesk

Eng Seng.Chua
AutoCAD Toolsets
Message 37 of 69
JasonAB

I followed the advice here and un-installed update1 (Version2 as shown in the add/remove programs) I still have A-mech 2010 version2 as I didn't un-install that one. However, after a computer re-boot Autocad now tells me that all the customization files are invalid. I tried a repair with no luck, now what?

Message 38 of 69
Eng-Seng
in reply to: JasonAB

Hi JasonAB,

can you send me a screenshot capture of the customization files error diaglog?

which product are you having this problem? AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 or 2011?

thank you,

Eng Seng

Autodesk

Eng Seng.Chua
AutoCAD Toolsets
Message 39 of 69
JasonAB

Eng Seng,

This problem is in mechanical 2011. My mechanical 2010 is working fine. Like I mentioned before, this has only occurred AFTER I un-installed update1. FYI, I use separate menus (CUI) for each 2011 and 2010, and I know that the newer version is supposed to replace the older one, but when one is working good, I’ll keep it. I can’t afford to be out of work for days or weeks when the software isn’t working. This way I have the old version to continue working.

I’ve attached 2 screen shots. The error comes up 3 times and then Mechanical tries to continue loading, so as you see in the second jpg the message at the top concerning the ribbon. The same error as in the first screenshot comes up twice when I execute the cui command.  As you can see my custom menus are loading, but nothing else…?

FYI, this is part of the Inventor Routed Systems Suite, Windows XP sp3, all software and drivers are current.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Message 40 of 69
Eng-Seng

Hi,

for those that face the problem, can you try these two steps and see if it resolves the issue :

1. Click on the Open button on the top left toolbar.

2. Hit "Esc" key.

please try and let me know if it works.

thank you,

Eng Seng

Autodesk

Eng Seng.Chua
AutoCAD Toolsets

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost