AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad crashes every time after LogIn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
VZ0429
295 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad crashes every time after LogIn

Hello

Every Time after my Laptop was in standy and I try to login crashes my AutoCad with error massage

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x99f9c008 Exception at 4ec6de16h

Can`t  you help me  to resolve this issue ; I try it on 3 different Laptops and is always the same error

Laptop HP 8440p

Intel Core i5

2GB RAM

Intel HD GPU

Windows XP SPIII

AutoCad  2011 with SPII

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: VZ0429

Sorry, but the easy solution is: do not use standby on "big" software like this.

This actually not because the software being faulty, but your computer/operating system not being able to wake it back up. The issue has most likely to do with your c:/hiberfil.sys file size and/or settings and such... meaning that when your OS dumps or retreives it's mememory into that file when your system goes to standby, it loses something and can't restore ACAD to it's former state. Does it display the same behavior on other bigger pieces of software?

Message 3 of 4
VZ0429
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

Thanks for answer. No, this is only software with this behavior on this laptop. I find in internet some contributions to this issue and some guys belives that this issue has something to do with graphic card ( intel hd onboard without decicaded memory).

Could agree about that?

Thx any way

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: VZ0429

Yes, I could agree to that idea as well... which basically comes down to the same propblem in fact: when the pc goes into hybernation and out again - it just can't restore the situation of before and basically gives up (the crash).

In anyway, having had this issue over the years with many (mostly heavy graphical) software packages I just generally save my document and close the application before there is any chance of my computer going into stand -by (either by energy settings or closing the lid etc). It is a work-around, but it is the only really secure way not to lose any work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost