AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Mech. Crashing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Talayoe
568 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad Mech. Crashing

Good morning,

I am now running 2013, hoping that my problem would have been resolved on its own with the upgrade...apparently not.

Starting from 2012, when I exit a file, NOT the program (so, hit the X on the individual drawing window or hit the bit 'A' and close) my Mechanical crashes giving me these errors. It is not consistent but it is frequent. It scares me to close files individually for fear of a program crash. Then when I start up I get that stupid recovery manager.

This has forced me to be more diligent in saving my work before doing anything, but that is not the point. Why would my program(s) be crashing like this? Any ideas?

TIA!

Autocad Error.jpg

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Do you see this error while working on a particular drawing or closing any drawing file.

Have you tried doing a repair install of the product.

If the problem is specific to a particular drawing, can you provide us to test further.

Looking forward to your updates.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 7

Good evening,

This happens on (frequent) random drawings. it may happen on the same drawing but only by chance the way it seems.

The repair I have not done. How is this accomplished?

Thanks! 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

You can follow the steps below to do a repair install,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Do let me know, if the problem persists after that.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 7
donb
in reply to: Talayoe

Hi TIA,

I have been having the same problem with ACADM2K12 & ACADM2K13 for months.

It look like It is how you close the program.

I now close from the tool bar.

donb 

donb
Message 6 of 7
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: donb

Once it crashes, it will create a crash report. Can you try submitting it and provide us the email address you have used.

Can you also confirm whether you have installed all the service packs for AutoCAD Mechanical.

Please provide us the following information for us to troubleshoot.

Go to Start -> Run -> %temp% -> Look for any error logs for AutoCAD with .log extension.

Also send us the system info and windows event logs,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7491145&linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7491149&linkID=9240617

Looking forward to your updates.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 7

Hello,

I ran the repair tool and have yet to have a crash. This is not to say it has resolved the issue as I can go days without a crash, but we will see given time.

As for the crash reports, it does not generate these. I have seen Autocad generate these before and ask to be emailed in, but the way this fails it doesnt generate making me think it may be more of a windows conflict with Autocad? Just shooting out ideas. The two screen shots I posted above are literally all I get. First the top screen shot, then when that processes I get the bottom one and that is all.

Also, I would question the service pack idea as Acad 2013 Mech just premiered a few weeks ago...? Honestly I can say I havent checked but only because it is so new I suppose I figured there shouldnt be any yet. I will check on this tomorrow at work.

I will check the rest of the details at work tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for keeping this going!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost