AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical->"FACTORY ASSETS" Inquiry

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Panygeric
1906 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical->"FACTORY ASSETS" Inquiry

Hopefully I'm in the correct forum section for this  - I currently have open a "facility layout" 2D test drawing in AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 

This 2D drawing will then be "Sent To Inventor" to become a 3D viewable floor layout in Inventor 2012 Factory Design Suite 

*On the right side of my screen (in the 2D version) is the Asset Browser window

*I have been able to bring-up icons indicating "Cloud-Based Assets" which appear in the browser window - altho their specific icons seem to be missing - instead only a "filler" type icon.

*I can click on these assets and get a message that the asset is forever "downloading" altho nothing happens...

*Ultimately I only get a message indicating: "Cloud assets are unavailable you can use previously downloaded assets"

I'm wondering what the nature of this problem might be.... Internet connectivity? Program installation? 

Appreciate any help or suggestions!! Smiley Happy 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
nstalker
in reply to: Panygeric

I am having the same problem.  I used to be able to download them a few weeks ago but I can't anymore.

Message 3 of 13
jeff.pek
in reply to: Panygeric

Hi -

Sorry you're seeing these problems.

We have had some issues with the servers, etc. that manage the Cloud-based assets. Hopefully those have been resolved. Are you still seeing these errors?

If so, one thing that you can try is to empty the local library where the cloud assets are downloaded to, and see if perhaps there's some corruption there that's causing problems. This action is available in the Factory Options dialog.

Cheers,

Jeff

Message 4 of 13
nstalker
in reply to: jeff.pek

Jeff - I hit the refresh button several times and then it finally connected.  Thank you for your response!

Message 5 of 13
boojie_recto
in reply to: nstalker

Hi! I have been having this problem for quite some time now. I did not pay attention to this not until I found my self in need of other factory assets. It seems like my pc cannot connect to the server where the cloud assets are located. Could this be due to my connection? I am using FDS 2013 Premium. I also attached the icon that displays on my assests browser window.

Message 6 of 13
jeff.pek
in reply to: boojie_recto

Hi -

Sorry you're having this problem.

Can you try pasting the following URL into a browser, and see if you get any result?

http://api.autodesk.com/shared/AZlcrIy

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 7 of 13
boojie_recto

Hi Jeff, I tried pasting the URL on internet explorer but i just get a bunch of html codes of some sort. I tried it on chrome but all it did was download an xml file whcih contain the same codes (i think their the same).

Message 8 of 13
jeff.pek

Hi again -

That's good -- that's actually what should happen :-).

So you don't have a general connectivity problem with the machines hosting the assets.

The next steps may be trickier, depending on what you're comfortable with.

If you'd like, I (or someone on our team) can spend a little time with you to see if we can see what's happening.

Are you willing to spend some time with someone in a screensharing session?

What country are you in?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 9 of 13
boojie_recto

I see. I'm from the Philippines.

Message 10 of 13
XuesongBai

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience that taken to you.

I am from the developement of FDS at Shanghai. So could you please let me demote your machine to look closed at the issue?

My email is Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com. You can contact me directly if you are available.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 11 of 13
boojie_recto
in reply to: XuesongBai

Sir Xuesong,

you may access my computer remotely. (assuming our network would allow it). Please let me know if you're able to get through. Thank you.

Message 12 of 13
coreyparks

I am having this issue in FDS Ultimate 2014 now.  Was this ever resolved?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 13 of 13
josef.kostecky
in reply to: coreyparks

Issue is still on FDU 2018. Some solutions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost