AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 - 'Could not check in.'

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
661 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 - 'Could not check in.'

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 - using a drawing with Inventor views (3) from 2 different .ipt files.   Nothing shows in external references, yet we know the files are 'linked'.  the problem is when I go to check in the files I get this error:

"

--------------------------- Vault Add-in --------------------------- Could not check in. Unable to reload xrefs after file relocation.

--------------------------- OK   ---------------------------"

This problem only exists with drawing that have inventor views.  Nothing has been 'relocated', no 'xrefs' are present.  This file has no problem checking in with AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.

Unfortunately working with the file in 2014 (mech) creates a slightly incompatible version with 2013, disabling Mechanical commands (even if I didn't add any mechanical objects).  Then when you check it in, it forces it to Mechanical 2013 (from ACAD Mech 2013), likely misconverting things along the way.

Can anybody confirm this, or have a fix for this?

jvj

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello jvj,

Does it happen to any simple ipt and drawing views, like a solid and a base view drawing?

If possible, can you please send the ipt files and drawings you created in 2014 for further look? My email address is zhiyuan.su@autodesk.com

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

FYI, Everybody else,I sent him the files and am awaiting further contact.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Attempt to check in with 2013 Mechanical into ADMS 2014.  Then check out with ACAD Mechanical 2014. 

The problem has not persisted as of yet.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Had a conversation with Autodesk service tech. He recommended I upgrade everything to the latest CAD version (2014). Tedious task, so I'll keep in touch.
Message 6 of 6
michaelsu

Hello Jamie,

As for the models and drawings you sent to me, when I open the drawings and found the drawing views are with red border which means it is unresolved and cannot find the model for which it was created. I tried it happened in both 2013 and 2014 when open them. If I created drawing views from scratch, there was no problem.

When you checkin the drawings, you need to make sure those drawing views are not unresolved. In the help, there's a FAQ item about unresolved inventor reference file which may give you a clue why it happend.

------------------------

When files referenced by an Inventor model are not found automatically, drawing views derived from this model are said to contain unresolved file references.

A drawing view can contain unresolved file references for any of the following reasons.

1. Paths to referenced files are not specified in the active project.
  2. The referenced files were renamed, moved, or deleted, and no longer exists within any of the storage locations defined by the active project.
  3. AutoCAD is pointing to the wrong active project file, or has not selected any project file as the active project file.

For cases 1 and 2, use Autodesk Inventor to update the project file to specify the current location of the files that are not found automatically.

For case 3, use the VIEWSETPROJ command to select the correct project file as the active project file.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost