AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 Express Tools

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
steveg
3651 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 Express Tools

I recently installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and the Express Tools are not working. The tab appears but none of the commands work. I had this same problem with 2012 and had to do an APPLOAD. It does not seem to be the same as 2012 in that I can not find the same file names to load. Has anyone else had this problem, and were you able to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Type in the command line CUILOAD, then click Browse :

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\acetmain.cuix

Can you see this file, if its missing then you haven't installed it correctly. You need to install it again.

From the Control Panel > Programs and Features > select AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 in the list, then Uninstall/Change.

When the installer pops up, click Add or Remove Features, check Express Tools and then Update.

Do let me know, if the problem persists.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 6

I had done this once already, I tried it again and a warning comes up that the file is already loaded. I had this same problem with Mechanical 2012 and I had to do an "APPLOAD" to get the commands to work. Where are the files acettest.fas and acetutil.fas located? Thanks, Steve Geniesse Senior Tool Designer Great Lakes Custom Tool Mfg., Inc. 715-582-3884 ext. 220
Message 4 of 6

These files are location under

C:\Programfiles\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2013\Express folder. If the folder is missing then it isn't installed correctly.

When you type CUILOAD, are you seeing a similar dialog as mine.

Untitled.png

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 6
pareekpinkcity
in reply to: steveg

i had done all this task , show express icon in menubar  but all command of express is not working .

Please Help me ASP

Message 6 of 6
michaelsu
in reply to: pareekpinkcity

Hi,

APPLOAD command to load two FAS files(acettest.fas and acetutil.fas), refer to the image attached.

Those two files should be under Express folder of your install path. For example, c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\express.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost