AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 strange block

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
varga_zsolt
575 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 strange block

Hi,

i have problem wit AutoCAD Mechanical 2012. We have a lot of dwg drawing made with previos version of AutoCAD (1998-2000-2008-2010 i suppose) now we have perchuse the new Autodesk Product Design Suite Professional.

When i open the dwg file, not in all in someone, when i try copy some object by the copy comand the AutoCAD freeze for a few second.

I try delete al block and group, all superflue layer all the drawind, but every time i draw also one line and i try to copy it, in this dwg i have always the same problem.

The nice is, that i have this problem just in some files, in other i work perfectly.

Please help me with some solutions.

P.S: my PC is:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40Ghz

8 Gb Ram

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700

Windows 7 Pro

P.S.2 Heri is the two identical file:

- error: is the file who give my the error

- NO_error: is the file who is OK.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
emily.xu
in reply to: varga_zsolt

Not find the reason for now, but a solution for you.

Try to copy all the objects to a new file, then Copy and Paste, will no freeze.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 7
varga_zsolt
in reply to: emily.xu

Thank you for this solution, it's ok, but yuo know, when you have to work in one company and every time when yuo open one drawing yuo must to do this procedure, after a couple time you do this it's a bit boring.

I have note a big difference of size between the two file, can this mean something??

Message 4 of 7
emily.xu

You correct, there must be something in the error file, I need sometime to find that. Will update you.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 7
varga_zsolt

Thank you for collaboration.

I have another think who you must know. I try open the two file (error - NO_error) in one other pc in company and the copy comand work perfectly in both file. This is very strange!! -_-

Also i have speak with one expert and he talk about video driver and video cart setting..... But I don't know whot i have to do, the driver is the lates! And the setting is the default for AutoCAD!

Message 6 of 7
emily.xu

I just find the reason, the error file contains many layer filters, that causes copy slow down.

Type Filters in the command line, enter and delete all the filters,save the file, then try to copy and paste, will work well.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 7 of 7
varga_zsolt

Yes this is the right solutions. It works very well!!!! Thank you very much for your help!! I don't konw what is this filter and who create it!

Thank you so much! Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost