AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mech 2010 will not start - just seeing the p[lash screen

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
krissup
364 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Mech 2010 will not start - just seeing the p[lash screen

I have a Dell M6500 computer using autodesk mech 2010 with a lic server server.  When click on the the autodesk 2010x64 icon I just get the flash screen for a second and it goes back to the program icon.  I tried on and off the network with the sam eresult.  I also tried installing the 2010 update 1 & 2 and it tells me it can't find the software to do the update.  I see the dir with the files on the the C: drive. any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

What version of OS you have ?

Can you turn off any anitivirus that's running on your machine. You can use the following solution to turn it off temporarily for testing.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7313059&linkID=9242018

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, can you go to Control Panel -> user accounts -> Change User account control settings and turn off UAC. Then test launching your AutoCAD Mechanical.

Sometimes profile corruption can cause such problems. Try creating a new user login in Windows with local administrator rights and launch the software in that login.

Hope it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost