AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 tab Layout

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rgruychev
2412 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 tab Layout

In AutoCAD 2013 there are  new command in  tab  Layout. but  in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 new command missing for  this tab.

I want to use new command from tab  Layout in  AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 . How to make ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
michaelsu
in reply to: rgruychev

Hi,

Those new commands are in partial CUI. When you launched AutoCAD first and then launched its bundled AutoCAD Mechanical (comes with AutoCAD Mechanical installer), then the partial CUI in the second launched product cannot be loaded automatically. Vice versa.

The solution is you can manually load the partial CUI file:

1) CUILOAD command

2) Browse button

3) Select ModelDoc cui file

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
T.Nelson
in reply to: michaelsu

I am having the same problem with the "Mechanical" option missing from workspaces.  I have tried loading and unloading the CUI files per you post with no luck. I may be having a dense moment but should there be a CUI file named "partial" in addition to "modeldoc"? ModelDOC was already loaded and even after unloading and reloading the mechanical option in workspaces never appeared. 

Message 4 of 8
michaelsu
in reply to: T.Nelson

Hi,

If I understand your issue correctly, you mean you cannot find "mechanical" workspace, which is a predefined workspace. If so, it may have nothing to do with “Modeldoc” cui file or partical cui.

I think probably you can launch your product under a different user to see if you can see it. If yes, then copy the acadm.cuix file out to your local drive. after that, cuiload this cuif file in the user account which you have problem.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8
T.Nelson

So I tried your suggestion and the correct ribbons and menus loaded however not the way they should have.  I had duplicate ribbons, extra menus and it was as if more than one workspace was active at the same time.

The good news is I did figure how to fix this and it's an automated utility!

The following is the location of the utility I used:

• Start
  • All Programs
  • Autodesk
  • AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 - English
  • Reset Setting to Default

You will be given the option to just reset or backup your current customizations to a ZIP file and then reset.  It basically recreates the files, folders and settings just as it does the first time you open it.

Thank you for all your help!

Message 6 of 8
michaelsu
in reply to: T.Nelson

You are welcome!

Good to know your issue is resolved!

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk

Message 7 of 8
bparrell

Well I had to load the layout tab manually.Followed all previous steps.The partial cui was indeed loaded,just was not able to bring the tab out from hiding.Might want to look into this as you have a few installations failing

Message 8 of 8
adrian7476
in reply to: rgruychev

I have a similar problem, but the above didnt work.  It may also be due to a different setup.

I have the acad.cuix loaded as a partial file, and the company menu as an enterprise menu. 

When loading the modeldoc.cuix as a partial, it does not show up the layout tab at all. 

When interrogating the modeldoc.cuix, the tabs are listed as 'Merge Only' which looks like they cant be added to the tab.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost