AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 problems exporting to IGES file.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1088 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 problems exporting to IGES file.

I am trying to use AutoCAD 2010 in a machine shop. I have to export to an IGES file type before my CAM program will open it. I was able to do this until a problem caused me to do a reset to defaults.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACADM 2010\igesout.arx cannot find a dll or other
file that it needs.

Most of my experience is with AutoCAD 2004, an finding everything on the newer versions has been a learning curve. I am the only one in my shop who can operate the drafting or the CAM software and I am learning by trial and error.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you may want to try to do a uninstall first and then reinstall AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 again. 

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
m_latz

If you start your AutoCAD Mechanical with the <<vanilla>> profile you get this error message.

To use the IGES-processor you must start AutoCAD Mechanical with the <<ACADMPP>> profile or a profile derived from.

If you have lost the <<ACADMPP>> profile you can import from the folder where also the acad.exe file is located.

Open the options dialog, activate tab "Profiles" select "IMPORT" and browse to the

" C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACADM2010" (in case of default installation) folder.

There you should see the acadmpp.arg profile.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

Sorry it took so long to reply, our IT guy just got out to do the reinstall. I am still getting the same error. Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: m_latz

I checked the profile and it was on the one that you mentioned. I changed it to vanilla and then changed back to see if it helped. I also found a custom profile with my autodesk files and imported it. After each change, I restarted my computer, but I still get the same error. Thank You.

Message 6 of 7
m_latz

Create a shortcut on your desktop and call AutoCAD with the following arguments:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACADM 2010\acad.exe"  /p <<ACADMPP>>

Then try to start AutoCAD with this shortcut. On the command line type in the command: _amver

Does this work and what is the output ?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: m_latz

Before I could try the fix you suggested, our corporate CAD manager remote accessed the computer and made some changes. I now am able to export to IGES, but am back to square one. He recreated the issues that I was trying to fix with the reset to defaults.  Now I don't have access to 3D modeling and solid pallets or workspaces. I can call up the commands with hotkeys. In the window at the lower right where you change workspaces, I have Mechanical, Structure, and Mechanical Classic instead of the solid modeling 2 and 3D workspaces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost