AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 error on launch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
310 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD 2010 error on launch

I just installed AutoCAD 2010 Mechanical on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. When another user logged into the PC and tried to run AutoCAD, she gets an error that says "Can't find the host folder(Registry Error), cannot continue!". I dont get this error if I login as myself when running the program. There are network shared licenses on our product as well. I know its version 2010 and we are going to be updating to 2015 relatively soon but I need to get rid of this error for the time being. Any help is greatly appreciated. Attached is a screenshot of the error)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kiraimmorris
in reply to: Anonymous

Are the accounts set up to share autocad or is it an admin to user block? If so log on to the admin, i take it your, account then right click on the network that belongs to those in need of the file share and then select the security tab. From here give them the rights that will allow them to operate by selecting the edit button. Lastly to make sure everything is solid, select apply then okay until you are back at your pc. Log out and see if it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost