AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching PDF file into AutoCAD Mechanical Errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AleGF1
457 Views, 2 Replies

Attaching PDF file into AutoCAD Mechanical Errors

I have tried to do this in differnet ways:

• Paste Special -> Adobe Acrobat = Works fine the first time, when I try it again the PDF image disapears

• PDFAttach

-> Sometimes it works

->Sometimes it pastes the Name of the file Path and says "Invalid Reference"

-> Sometimes it just pastes a blank square with no PDF file

My PDF and AutoCAD files are both located in a USB drive, and I have a drawing to atach to each autocad file. Please this is very annoying, any help is appreciated, I just need to get those PDFs into the AutoCAD file and make sure they STAY THERE.

Thank you,

Ale

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
panaview
in reply to: AleGF1

Hello!

I use PDFATTACH comand and every time I choose "Full patch". And every tim is it ok

Message 3 of 3
steve216586
in reply to: AleGF1

I suspect your problem lies within the USB storage. Years ago the same problem was caused by using floppy discs. I believe the problem arises because of the lack of virtual storage. Try placing the .pdf files in the same folder as the drawing files, either on the C: drive or server drive. I'm willing to bet the problem goes away.

After you have attached the .pdfs to the drawings, you can save back to the USB and they will remain in tact. Both files must travel together tho.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost