AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Dimension Settings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NickHorton8970
315 Views, 1 Reply

Annotative Dimension Settings

I have set up an annotative dimension to use in a drawing and selected it and made it current in DIMStyle. The problem is when I insert a dimension into the drawing it comes in with a size which is to small to read. To overcome this i have to go to properties and select the correct dimension style which then updates the dimension as i would expect. By default the dimension style that is used is the same name as the one that i have set up being annotative (Pacegrade Large - which does have the blue triangular annotative symbol next to it) but instead it is labelled Pacegrade Large$0.

Do i need to change another setting, so that the annotative style is used as default in the drawing.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Power Dimensions do not use annotative properties. Power Dimensions will create a child Dimstyle (one with a $ in its name) and override your style. If you want to use Annotative Objects, you will have to use vanilla dimensioning tools.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost