AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO CAD mechanical 2015 student version error/problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
epa289
1656 Views, 4 Replies

AUTO CAD mechanical 2015 student version error/problems

I am new to AUTO CAD and am having problems in accessing AutoCAD after installation.

I downloaded a student version of 'AutoCAD mechanical 2015 win 64' 2-3 weeks ago at my workplace and saved the folder onto my usb. I then saved the folder onto my desktop computer at home and ran the installation. firstly the installation installed autodesk 360 (clearly not autoCAD mechanical 2015) and when I try to access autodesk 360 the following error came up, entitled 'AdSync.exe -Entry point not found' and the message read 'The procedure entry point K32numProcesses could not be located at the dynamic link libary KERNEL32.dll. this is then followed by a message stating that autodesk 360 has stoped working

I am confused, why it would install autodesk 360 When I downloaded autoCAD mechanical 2015 ?

I would appreciate help with this issue.

Edward Alexander

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kiraimmorris
in reply to: epa289

I'm not sure if this will help but, i don't think AutoCAD is a program that can be "drag and drop" installed via USB (flashdrive) similar to Microsoft programs you need the actual disk or to log on to your account and redownload it to your other pc. Although to be honest, i had AutoCAD, Revit, and Inventor 2015 on my pc at home and they all started acting up so I unisntalled them, which wasn't as easy as it should've been, the unisntaller crashed half way through the process so I had to scrape through all my files searching for any trace of autodesk and deleting/unistalling it. All these version were also student, i think there's a service pack (patch) coming out for it to solve these issues.

Message 3 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: kiraimmorris

I would use the Microsoft Fix It tool to unistall problematic programs.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/02/microsoft-fix-it-for-windows-81.html.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

I rarely go through the registry anymore.  It can be pretty futile as some point.  If you are still having additional issues, I would probably reinstall the operating system.

David Lau
Message 4 of 5
kiraimmorris
in reply to: david.lau

That is a good resource and it works most of the time, but it didn't work for me because the way corrupted files effected the program. The "repair" or fix it tool couldn't register the problem on either Autodesk or Microsoft. Similar to when someones troubleshooter doen't know something, rather than scavange around the internet I decided to take care of it in a foolproof manner. Additional programs that i've used for program removal are CCleaner, MSE (security program), CA (security program), WiseCare (my current security).

Message 5 of 5
yang.gao
in reply to: epa289

What is your operating system?

- Gao Yang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost