AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMCONTENT MANAGER PROBLEM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1894 Views, 4 Replies

AMCONTENT MANAGER PROBLEM

When trying to insert a washer, fastener or anything from the content manager in AutoCAD Mechanical 201 I get and error telling me to invoke the content manager and make sure i have libraries loaded.  I have tried everything I have saw in the discussion groups about this.  Can anybody help me?  everybody in my company is having this problem. we are using windows 7 with AutoCAD mechanical 2012. attached is the error that I get

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

How is your company deploying AutoCAD Mechanical? Standalone installation or deployment?

One thing you can check is to make sure content file path is able to be located.

Steps:

1. Go to AM:Content tab of Options dialog

2. Click File Locations button

3. Make sure content configuration files are there and the paths are accessible. See snapshot.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

AutoCAD is deployed through a deployment.  The content file path is being located.  I have tried this before and I still get the error.

Message 4 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

The path can be located but does this path requires some permission or user log in? Have you tried to access the path first and then launch AutoCAD Mechanical to insert any content?

Another thing is, where are the content files from? are there any configuration or customization on gdb content files?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

thanks

help is useful. problem is clear

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost