AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACM reactor loop error?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
acwtzwegers
293 Views, 2 Replies

ACM reactor loop error?

acm2013crash.png

I tried to change the properties of a dim back to our AM_ISO and then got stuck in this loop.

There was nothing to get out of it besides ctrl-alt-del and ending AutoCAD Mechanical.

Once again... is there a way/plan to get rid of the ACM reactor that screws up modern dimstyles? (you know.. the one that generates AM_ISO$0, $1, $2 etcs instead of accepting that shx fonts and "we don't use paperspace, annotativity, or any of the options modern autocad gives us" is so incredibly 1990?).

Sorry, I like ACM... but I can't really go to anyone in this century and show them drawings that look like they're 20 years old.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steve216586
in reply to: acwtzwegers

What are you looking to do?  Your post is very vague as to the end result you are looking for.  The "loop" your screen shot provided doesn't have anything to do with editing dimstyle, IMHO.  You have a command active and it is looking for input.  I have had this happen many times and never modified the code of a dimstyle.  First make sure CMDDIA is = 1, FILEDIA = 1, ATTDIA = 1.  Many times a dialog box isn't showing which would provide you with the neccessary interface to complete the command.  You may also have a command active which does not have a dialog box but is waiting for input from you.  Then as you said, CTRL-ALT-DEL is the only way to easily get out of the command if you don't know what input the program is expecting.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 3
acwtzwegers
in reply to: steve216586

What I am looking to do is disabling the ACM reactor that messes up dimstyles.

Really, what I did was change the dimstyle through the properties pallete to get this result.

Obviously, it got into a loop because it did not actually have any input available then "retry", so "enter" would not actually "cancel", but only put out "retry". Escape did not do anything and all other actions just got me back to the only choice of "retry".

Before I switched the dimstyle from AM_ISO$1 back to AM_ISO in the properties pallette, I had no active commands.

Even if it wasn't the actual reactor that caused the loop - I wouldn't have gotten into this situation if I didn't have to deal with the reactor.

It's kinda like the "Annotative objects" message when you open a file made after 1990. yes, I "learned" about annotative objects - I liked them - I use them, I don't care about non-annotative ACM objects I don't use anyway... can I now get rid of this stupid message?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost