AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADM 2011 Layers and Properties toolbars not working properly

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
zithmeister
709 Views, 10 Replies

ACADM 2011 Layers and Properties toolbars not working properly

I am using ACADM 2011 and for the most part have been pleased with its performance. Recently, both the layers and properties toolbars lost some functionality.

I used to be able to select an object and change it's layer with the layers toolbar. It now no longer does this and only displays current layer, (I can change the current layer but that's all).

Similar problem with Properties toolbar. The toolbar only displays current layer info, not selected object.

Not sure what happened. Is there a setting I've accidentally changed? Do I need to re-install ACADM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bryce.thelin
in reply to: zithmeister

Hello,

Try installing the following updates:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL15695816

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL17125406

If you have these already or if they don't help, then I would run a repair of AutoCAD Mechanical.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 3 of 11
bryce.thelin

Go ahead and run a repair. You might even just uninstall and reinstall, just to be more thorough.

Please remove those JPG attachments from your last post. They show your serial number.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 4 of 11
zithmeister
in reply to: bryce.thelin

Ok, will do.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 5 of 11
bryce.thelin

Hi Steve,

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Did the repair or reinstall solve the problem?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 6 of 11
zithmeister

Haven't had the time in my schedule to do this yet. I will post here when I do and let you know what happened.

I suspect a repair/install will solve the problem.

Steve

Message 7 of 11
RTPrider

I have also had problems with my Properties Pallette being useless. It only loads the drawing properties and never recognizes anything selected.  I will install the two updates listed above and see how it goes.

(ACADM 2011, Win7 Pro 64bit, 8GB RAM, 1.5GB VRAM + Nvidia 560, Toshiba Qosmio X770-ST4N04)

Message 8 of 11
RTPrider
in reply to: RTPrider

I installed the updates and the problem with the Properties Pallette seems to have gone away.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
zithmeister
in reply to: RTPrider

I too have installed both updates. Unfortunately in my case they didn't seem to help. I think I'm just going to have to wait until I have time to repair/re-install my Autocad software.

Message 10 of 11
zithmeister

I was finally able to uninstall / install on Acadm 2011. This has solved the problem.

Message 11 of 11
bryce.thelin

Excellent! I am glad to hear you got it working! Go ahead and mark "Accept as Solution" on your post or my post farther up.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost