AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD2005M Std Part Woes!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PaulFH
182 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD2005M Std Part Woes!!

We have recently installed Acad 2005 Mech on P4 2.8, running Win 2000. It seems that the 2005M does not want to recognize Mech 6 std parts in all drawings. Using the migration ability does nothing at all to help. Now on 10-0-04 I started a new drawing within 2005M, and the software seemed to be working as expected. Today, I opened the drawing only to find that all std parts have been made into blocks " *U101 " which are unusable by the software. Does anyone know why this is happening ? Is Acad 2005M backwards compatible with Mech 6 drawings?
P.S. AM Structure is disabled.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: PaulFH

Do you have your saveas set to always save back to an older release? -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "PaulFH" wrote in message news:23137990.1096898175558.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We have recently installed Acad 2005 Mech on P4 2.8, running Win 2000. It seems that the 2005M does not want to recognize Mech 6 std parts in all drawings. Using the migration ability does nothing at all to help. Now on 10-0-04 I started a new drawing within 2005M, and the software seemed to be working as expected. Today, I opened the drawing only to find that all std parts have been made into blocks " *U101 " which are unusable by the software. Does anyone know why this is happening ? Is Acad 2005M backwards compatible with Mech 6 drawings? > P.S. AM Structure is disabled. > > Thanks
Message 3 of 4
PaulFH

Yes, We save back to Acad2000. This worked fine in AcadMech 6.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Are you sure you were saving back to AutoCAD 2000 and not AutoCAD Mechanical 2000i in ACADM 6? I've talked with one of our developers and when you save back to an AutoCAD format you are expected to lose the intelligence of ACADM objects. Why do you choose to save abck to an AutoCAD format and not an ACADM format? -- Thanks Scott Mollon ACADM/MDT Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "PaulFH" wrote in message news:2208532.1096906563165.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Yes, We save back to Acad2000. This worked fine in AcadMech 6.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost