AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2013 Mechanical NO INVENTOR LINK?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Todzilla60
861 Views, 7 Replies

ACAD 2013 Mechanical NO INVENTOR LINK?

Does anyone know how to enable "Inventor Link" in ACAD 2013 mech? This "model documentation" is BS.....

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
michaelsu
in reply to: Todzilla60

Hi,

By default, Inventor link feature is not installed by default.

You can go to Control Panel -> Programs and features -> Double click AutoCAD Mehcanical 2013 and Select add/remove features -> Check Autodesk Inventor link

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
Todzilla60
in reply to: michaelsu

Thanks Michael, i dont know why i didnt think of that....

Message 4 of 8
donb
in reply to: michaelsu

Hi Michael,

Is there any way to break the link ?

I some times need to edit the part but not the model.

donb

donb
Message 5 of 8
cheewec
in reply to: donb

You have your Inventor Application installed, must be same version as the inventor part or newer.

Double-click the root icon in mechanical browser to launch inventor for editing.

Message 6 of 8
lwyles

I’ve followed the above, to get the link to work, but I’m unable to get it to work. I’ve restarted the computer & everything. Is there something else that’s required to make the link work??

Message 7 of 8
lwyles

In addition to my comment above , in the ‘ribbon’ part of the screen the ‘Create View’ > ‘Base’ is missing. Is that a menu-load?? To get that?

Message 8 of 8
michaelsu
in reply to: lwyles

Hi,

I guess you refer to commands for creating model documentation drawing views. Can you use CUILOAD and try to load ModelDoc.cuix file from the path below if you use win7?

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\Support

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost