AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 ACADM toolbars not sticking in profiles.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ttracy
1021 Views, 1 Reply

2013 ACADM toolbars not sticking in profiles.

I am having problems with my toolbars not sticking after closing acadm.

I have setup a shortcut on my desktop to open my profile instead of opening the default profile.  the first time I run the shortcut it sets up a profile for me from the default. I setup my toolbars and options, then export the profile. (during testing I exported it twice as two different names) I open and modify a drawing save then exit.  The next time I open the shortcut all the options I changed, like background color are correct but none of my toolbars show up,  with the exception that if I dock the tool pallet it stays, I import and set current one of the exported profiles the toolbars are back. I leave and come back the toolbars are gone again.  If I change the shortcut to the imported profile,  the toolbars are gone for it now also.  I have tried this on 3 different computer 2x win7 64 and 1 XP 32 all with the same problem.

would anyone have ideas how I can fix this. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ttracy
in reply to: ttracy

Thanks to Lance at Autodesk tech support for finding the problem.

The problem was that the workspace setting to save changes was not on.  The default is set to not save changes. This setting is under workspaces and not part of profiles as I was thinking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost