AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 ampowersnap problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
autocad-operator
885 Views, 2 Replies

2011 ampowersnap problems

Hi ya all, I hope someone can help me.

1) I'm working as a contract consultant drawing 2D & 3D ductwork using 2011 mechanical. Their system has ampowersnaps loaded and running automaticly. When I try to draw 3D duct work with the powersnaps turned on (Try to draw centerline of duct) so that I can create a piece of duct, it will snap to just about any where it wants to and not where i want it to snap to. It also doesn't recognise quadrants of circles.

2) I want to turn this powersnaps off and have it be disabled for ever. How do I disable or turn this off or even uninstall it completely.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Please try following steps:

1. Command : Options (Right-Click>Options),

2. Select the AMPreferences Tab

3. Select the Snap Defaults Button

4. Uncheck all the snap options and last, clear all the snap modes.

5. Repeat the above step for all the 4 settings from "Power snap configuration" dropdown

6. Apply and OK

7. From the "Snap Settings" dropdown>>Select "User Settings"

8. Click OK to close the options dialog box.

From now on, only AutoCAD Osnaps will be enabled.  (User Dsettings command to control which AutoCAD Osnap to turn on)

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 3

I'm tying to follow what you have said but can't do it from memory. I have done a print screen and printed out the following suggestions. I wll try this at work Thursday. Will let you know how it turns out. Also, all the setting changes so far seem to work during that particular session, but if I reboot / restart autocad, the settings revert back to their original state of being turned on and creates havoc again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost