AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 not saving to older versions

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Enip1ez
563 Views, 6 Replies

2010 not saving to older versions

I understand this may have appeared in other drawings and they have given a few solutions but the solutions left the newly saved drawing un-editable, a "screen shot" if you will. I need to know is there a way to take a 2010 version drawing and save it as a usable 2007 drawing.

The attached image shows the error I'm getting when I try to "Save As" to an older version, I used nothing but line/circle/text/hatch/dimension on this drawing which are all in 2007. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Enip1ez

Have you tried going into all the linked drawings and saving them as 2007 versions first?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 7
Enip1ez
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Im not quite sure I understand this "Linked" drawing situatuin.

I mean what you said makes sense, but how I did the drawing was as follows.

Opened the previous drawing I did (which I could save to a recent version 2007 in this case).

Deleted and scrapped everything because I only needed the template.

Drew the part from scratch.

Saving error.

These parts do go together but were not part of the same drawing it had 3 layouts which were all wiped clean before saving it to a new file name and beginning the drawing.

Maybe if you could go a little more into this "linked" I think it has me a little bit confused.

*fair warning* I would consider myself average as far as my computer knowledge goes, so simpler is better if at all possible, thank you for taking your time to help thus far !

Message 4 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

I suspect the drawing file used is a Mechanical Desktop drawing file.  In the past I have seen similar issues when user tries to save Mechanical desktop file to a lower version by opening the file in AutoCAD Mechanical.

Sometimes, unknowingly users create 2D drawings in Mechanical Desktop and run into such issues.

Please try following steps:

1. Open the drawing in 2010

2. Command Wblock: Select Entire drawing>>Save the drawing as wblock

3. Open the wblock as a drawing

4. Explode the block

5. Save the drawing to lower version using SAVEAS command

Let me know if this works.  If it still doesn't work, can you attached the drawing file to this thread or send to sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom ?

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 7
Enip1ez
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

I don't think I did the WBLOCK command properly I tried a couple of times but I never got a block out of it even when opening the new file.

So I renamed the file *company security etc.* and I removed the information on layouts 1-3 leaving just the drawing and viewports.

Still gives the problem not allowing me to save to 2007 with the same error I linked in the original post.

Sorry for the headache, I've since redrawn the drawing but would like to know how to fix this for future reference.

Message 6 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

I don't have any issue saving the drawing as Wblock.  I was able to create a wblock from the drawing. Find attached image and drawings.  Please try and let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 7
Enip1ez
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Alright like I said I never used the Wblock command before and I'm thinking I did something wrong on my end. I'll figure it out, thank you so much for your time and effort !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost