nathanbennett
Message 1 of 8 (1,811 Views)

2009 Mechanical Dimension Style changes to AM_ANSI

1811 Views, 7 Replies
08-15-2009 08:53 AM
I am running Autodesk Inventor Suite 2009
AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 x64 SP3
Product Version: C.711.0 (UNICODE)

I have very aggravating issues with the dimension style ALWAYS reverting back to AM_ANSI. I will 'set current' a dimension style i want to use and have set up, and moments later it will have changed. Has this been fixed yet..? This problem within AUTODESK makes me waste too much valuable time, your assistance is appreciated.
Employee
Sridhar-Autodesk
Message 2 of 8 (1,811 Views)

Re: 2009 Mechanical Dimension Style changes to AM_ANSI

08-18-2009 07:09 AM in reply to: nathanbennett
Hello,
You may try command amoptions>>AM:smileyfrustrated:tandard tab>>Double click Dimension node under Standard Elements>>In the Dimension settings dialog>>Select "Base Dimension Style" and enable check box "Force power dimensions to use this dimension style" option. If this doesn't fix the issue;
Can you please provide us exact steps to reproduce the issue. Would it be possible to attach a sample drawing file?
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Sridhar Subramani
Autodesk, Inc.
Distinguished Contributor
art_turner
Message 3 of 8 (1,810 Views)

09-01-2009 01:31 PM in reply to: nathanbennett
Sridhar wrote >>
command amoptions>>AM:smileyfrustrated:tandard tab>>Double click Dimension node under Standard Elements>>In the Dimension settings dialog>>Select "Base Dimension Style" and enable check box "Force power dimensions to use this dimension style" option

Is there anyway to capture this command in a program? So i can install on 30-40 computers and come back later with tweaks like this without sitting down and mouseclicking? a program that uses the am profile object to change only this one setting, not everything.

btw, changing dimension style back to the style in this one setting, whatever you change it to, mystyle, standard, etc, is not good that it rotates back to a style you are not currently using, its definitely a behavior of mechanical 2009. i created a small dim toolbar that only has the dimstyle control so it can be seen that it changed and make it easy to change back
Active Contributor
misterblobby
Message 4 of 8 (1,810 Views)

09-01-2009 05:47 PM in reply to: nathanbennett
Make the changes that Sridhar suggested inside the template files you are using & distribute that - ampowerdim will use different styles and dimension scales than dimlinear and dimaligned - whether it's supposed to or not.
Distinguished Contributor
art_turner
Message 5 of 8 (1,810 Views)

09-02-2009 06:18 AM in reply to: nathanbennett
good point, i have to remember to work with templates more, it doesnt help the thousands of pre-existing files that get used as defacto templates. dimension style problems are the number one complaint here. its just not the powerdims that change it.
Valued Contributor
ninjajedisaiyan
Message 6 of 8 (1,696 Views)

01-12-2011 02:34 PM in reply to: nathanbennett

I am having the same problem with 2011.  I have figured out that it happens when I delete a block that I made by "paste as block."  I notice too that after I "paste as block" I can see the following in my command lines

_pasteblock

Auditing Mechanical Data...

Number of errors found: 0    Number of errors fixed: 0

Auditing Mechanical Data complete.
Duplicate definition of block GENAXEH  ignored.

Specify insertion point:

Again though, the dim style doesn't change until I delete the block I just made even if I do commands between pasting and deleting.

Valued Contributor
ninjajedisaiyan
Message 7 of 8 (1,533 Views)

02-11-2011 08:05 AM in reply to: ninjajedisaiyan

My mistake, actually it seems AM is glitchy when you use the windows copy/paste on any object. I get the same problem with any object if I:

1. ctrl+c (or edit>copy)

2. ctrl+v WITHOUT any commands in between

3. at this point whether I place the geometry or not the dimension style has changed

1. ctrl+c (selecting geometry before or after does not matter)

2. any number of any other commands

3. select any geometry

4. de-select with esc

This is a bug that needs to be reported.

Valued Contributor
WillieArolf
Message 8 of 8 (687 Views)

10-05-2012 11:29 PM in reply to: ninjajedisaiyan

Hello,
You may try command amoptions>>AM:smileyfrustrated:tandard tab>>Double click Dimension node under Standard Elements>>In the Dimension settings dialog>>Select "Base Dimension Style" and enable check box "Force power dimensions to use this dimension style" option. If this doesn't fix the issue;
Can you please provide us exact steps to reproduce the issue. Would it be possible to attach a sample drawing file?
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Sridhar Subramani
Autodesk, Inc.

Hi,

I am having some issues setting Dimension Style "Annotative" Active. I did followed what you have given on the above mentioned text. But, It seems not working.

I have attached a simple file for you to look at and see if that feature has a problem.

AutoCAD Mechanical 2012
64bit Windows 7 OS
Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012
Windows 7, 64-bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community