AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004-2010 Mechanical Weld Symbols - Layer Translate - acmweldsym

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
red_dog113
2087 Views, 8 Replies

2004-2010 Mechanical Weld Symbols - Layer Translate - acmweldsym

I am in the process of migrating our existing files up to the latest version for our new Global Standard. When I try and change our layer standard to the the Global Standard the Lines and Text do not change because they are not made on BYLAYER. I used the command LAYTRANS. Is there anyway of changing the ACMWELDSYM shape lines and text from a set layer to be BYLAYER?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Brian,
AutoCAD Mechanical Symbols follows an Automatic layer management where each mechanical symbol or power dimension will be created on a designated layer. If you prefer to have your company specific layer management, find attach image for procedure. The image talks about modifying dimension layer, you may select "Mechanical Symbols" option on Step-5
Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 9
red_dog113
in reply to: red_dog113

I am trying to fix this text in AutoCAD 2008 Mechanical.. I attached the drawing that the Text for the Weld Symbols are not correct. Edited by: brian.wolfenberger@metso.com on Nov 2, 2009 11:15 AM
Message 4 of 9

The weld symbols are created based in NORM Standard but a different standard is active in the drawing.
1. Command amoptions>>AM:Standards Tab>>From the standards dropdown>>Choose Norm Standard
2. Double click on Layers/Objects
3. Uncheck "Use Automatic property management" >>OK>>OK
4. Double click any of the weld symbol in the drawing>>Settings>>Change Arrow type and Text to "Bylayer" from the dropdown>.OK
5. Having done this, all the symbols based on the "Annotate" Layer color
6. If you would like to have the weld symbol lines to be in the color of your choice, Command amoptions>>AM:Standards Tab>>Double click on NORM>>Change the mechanical symbol color from yellow to color 40.

Find attached drawing with the above modifications.

Note: From now on, new mechanical symbols will be created on the current layer.

Let me know if this helps. OR, please let me know the expected behavior and I will try to provide you the steps.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 9
red_dog113

Is there anyway to update the older style to the new style ?
Message 6 of 9

Are you referring to text style? If yes, the text style can be changed from Command amoptions>>AM:Standards Tab>>Double click on NORM>>In the Standard Setting dialog>>change the text style from the "Style" drop down. Image attached.
Thanks,
Sridhar

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 9
red_dog113

I meant the standard. I there anyway to change the SYMBOLS and NOTES standard from NORM to MPR-ANSI-INCH?
Message 8 of 9

We cannot translate mechanical symbols from one standard to another. The current workflow is to recreate the symbols based on required standard.
Thanks,
Sridhar

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 9 of 9
mcarmelo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost