AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to locate Annotation where feature's selected?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DaveMartin4189
296 Views, 2 Replies

Way to locate Annotation where feature's selected?

I'm creating Annotation for pipe diameter on a water main atlas.  I have spans of pipe that are 50-200 feet in length. I often don't want the Annotation for pipe size to be placed at the midpoint of the line segment.  I'd prefer it to be placed at the location where I 'select' on the feature. It seems like .LAGELPT, .CENTER, AND .CENTROID all place Anno at the midpoint of the line.  X1,Y1 places Anno at the start of the line.  X2,Y2 places Anno at the end of the line.

Is there an Expression String or Property I couldspecify, that would place the Annotation at the point where the feature was selected on-screen?

Mort

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: DaveMartin4189

Off hand I don't know of any expression but you can create a lisp that takes the x1.y1 and add an inter to them after you get the angle of the lines. You can move the annoblocks after you insert then as long as you are selecting each line to label. Just a pick and drag after you insert them.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hello from France

Maybe I don't understand very well your problem ...

For me, the main problem with the "good old" Annotation of AutoCAD MAP 20xx,

is that we can't control easily where MAP will annotate entities,

especially along "long" Plines which represents : pipes, networks, limits, etc

So 2 solutions :

*** ADETEXTLOC ***

With the "very old" command "ADETEXTLOC", you control exactly the Label Point, but if you have 1000 pipes,

you have to do 1000 x ADETEXTLOC and then Save the DWG and then Use Annotations at the Label Point ...

But when you create a New Pipe/Pline, you could execute immediately after

an ADETEXTLOC to prepare the job ...

*** Lisp Routine ***

With a Lisp Routine, you could create automatically N Label Points on N Plines (in fact, it's an ADETEXTLOC)

So please appreciate the joined Routine "ANNOAUCENTRE" (from ALALA - A nice French Guy)

"ANNOAUCENTRE" will place automatically an ADETEXTLOC at the middle of the object and ON the object ...

"ANNOAUCENTRE" works on Plines, Arcs, Lines, Splines ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost