When I plot to PDF, polygons plot with dark lines radiating from points along it's boundary, (see attached). If plotted correctly, the polygons should have a uniform appearance. What I have learned so far:
- It only happens with transparency turned down in the style.
- I tried several methods including Adobe, DWG to PDF, PDF Report Writer, and Vadim PDF Writer.
- It was plotted from a different machine, same result.
- It was plotted by a different user, same result.
- It happens with other drawings.
- It also happens with solid hatches, but does not seem to be as bad.
- It does plot to the plotter correctly, at least!
this is discussed. searching the forum for "hatch & pdf" offer solutions. some are depending on the version of map you have. what plotter did you use?
from that link
I did a search for the discussion you cut and pasted from, but I do not think I found the same one. In one case, there were screen shot of a PDF with the polygons with parallel streaks, In my case, the streaks radiate. There was a observation that a PDF displayed correctly on some machines but not on others. My PDF has displayed the same on all the computers I tried, and the resulting plots to a printer are as displayed on the screen.
I am using Map 3d 2012, service pack 1.
Plotter drivers tried:
Yes I have tried DWG to PDF. I have also tried Adobe, PDF Report Writer, and Vadim PDF Writer. I also plotted to a DWF first, then to PDF.
The issue of numerous fine lines appearing in transparent (or semi-transparent) FDO polygons when outputted to PDF is under investigation by both the Map 3D and AutoCAD development teams. Fixes have been discussed, but a conclusion has not yet been reached.
I have linked your case to the change request for this issue, which should draw further attention to it.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you.