We are trying to find a way to produce a BMP/PNG/ tiff file Heightmap (Hillshade?), I was able to produce something, but it isnt good enough quality (attached). What is the best workflow to achieve a good quality image?
I am using an xyz file to import the data.
I do have Civil 3D. Also done it with Microdem, just wanting to know if we can do it using Map/Civil. I posted this up over in Civil 3D group, and they suggested posting on here.
Gentlemen, this is a Map forum, not Civil... anyway, once you have a C3D surface:
- Export it to a Geotiff (or USGS Dem file) with _SURFACEEXPORTTODEM
- Load the Dem with _MAPCONNECT
- Ensure that _MAPWSPACE is ON, select the Dem, and click on Style
- Choose Theme, then a beautiful USGS palette
- Apply, and enjoy your hillshade map.